006: Talking with Hamish
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Hamish is a game designer from New Zealand. He sits down with Jim to talk about his game: The Sprawl. They also cover Hamish's love of action movies, what it takes to put out a game, and many other tabletop topics.
Check the Show Notes:
- 1:51: Hamish and Jim talk about their love of trading card games and what it was like trying to get into the hobby in New Zealand.
- 8:30: Hamish talks about getting into game design with a Fighting Fantasy heart breaker.
- 13:44: Hamish introduces a new term "Tunnel of Fun", a consensual form of railroading.
- 20:54: Hamish talks about his love of action movies and how that has influenced what he plays and how he designs games.
- 30:40: Hamish talks about some of the hardships and difficulties he faced while making The Sprawl.
- 41:09: Hamish talks about designing games out in the open and what he thinks of the concerns of people stealing designers ideas.
- 52:33: The hard questions begin.