002: Emily vs. the First Scene
Thursday, September 10, 2015
In the second episode of our series, Emily begins to craft the specifics of her campaign. Join us as she goes through the initial steps of preparation and takes note of potential pitfalls for a new GM.
Check the Show Notes:
- 2:24: Emily describes the very first scene of her campaign where the players arrive at a fortress and meet for the first time.:
- 7:14: Jim gives some advice on giving new players too much freedom for it can cause choice fatigue and Eimly describes how she has prepared for it.
- 10:07: Emily describes what the players will learn of the overall campaign during this first scene and what the players will not know and have to discover on their own.
- 16:20: Emily describes what feeling she wants the players to have going out of their first scene.
- 20:23: Jim gives Emily homework for this week, NPCs!